Friday, January 3, 2020

The beginning of a new chapter

This is Connor being Connor. He enjoys being goofy. Why be serious all of the time?

This is Connor and his sister Savannah. She wasn't too into the crazy hats but she was a good sport for this picture. 

Photo number 2 looked better anyhow. 

And here is my handsome man before the wedding started. We were hanging out in the hallway and he happened to catch me trying to sneak a picture of him. We both agree that he looks pretty good in this one! Oh dang!

I had a harder time trying to get him to look at me for this picture. So many people were talking at once and it was a little hard getting his attention. But I thought he looked good standing up there in his tux. 
The woman in the portrait behind him is of Billy's mother. I thought it was cool that her portrait was a part of that ceremony. I'm sure Billy would appreciate that too. 

This is Connor's family. Both of his grandmothers are on the front left side along with his sister Ellie. Then on the second row on the left is his sister Zoe, Savannah, and then April. Then in the back is the photographer's wife, Lisa. 
It was cool because we were worried there wouldn't be enough seats for everyone. And we weren't sure how we would be able to fit more seats in that room. But it turned out to be exactly enough seats. How often does it work out like that? 

Here comes the bride! It was hard to get a good picture with her and her dad. They walked in kind of fast, but it's better than nothing!

Connor and Kristen asked that Sterling start off the ceremony by saying marriage, but pronounced "maowage" I guess it was a reference to something? I'm not sure, to each their own. But it got a laugh out of everyone, so that's good. 

This was Connor saying his vows. In this picture he was talking about promising to kill all of the spiders, except for the ones he didn't. It got a good laugh out of Kristen. 

Here he was being sweet and more serious. 

I have to admire Kristen's dress. It was absolutely beautiful. 


Now it was Kristen's turn to give her vows. 

You may now kiss the bride! 


After all of the pictures were done and everyone ate, Sterling had to take a little break. The poor thing is coming down with something. We just hope it's not bronchitis or pneumonia. So keep your fingers crossed! But he was being a good sport about me taking this picture. He still looks pretty darn cute. 

Here is a list of most, if not all of the guests at the farm today. I believe we had about 31 people in here today. It was nice and full. I think it's safe to say that everyone enjoyed themselves. We had lots of questions asked about the history of it all. 

Here is cousin it! Just kidding! This is April being silly. They had fun posing with the crazy hats that are laying around everywhere. 

I would have to say that this is one of my favorite pictures of the day. I happened to look up at the light fixture and it looked like a sunflower! How cool is that? 
Over all it was a really good day. Now we are eager to take a nice long break to rest and relax. 


5 comments:

  1. Nice Sunflower picture. I love your dress, I hope you get to wear it more than once, it was gorgeous. I hope they have a long and happy marriage to. How nice that Sterling got to perform the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you and Sterling looked awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be putting your blog on my sidebar since I missed your previous posts! I read them all and it looked like you had a great time when you were home. The farm is a beautiful place for a wedding! Love that house..it looks so southern plantation to me! My brother used to live in Greensboro but moved to Atlanta some years ago. All nice pics and your hubby looked very handsome doing the wedding for his friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck, you have a blog! I love, love it because now I can keep up with you guys. That looked like a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a reference to the Princess Bride! I hardly ever look at blogs any more, but went to check Kathy's to see how her sister is doing, then caught that Christina has had another baby since I read her blog and jumped to your mom's blog from there, only to learn that you are blogging now too. :) That's great, because I've been wondering how your married life is doing.

    Now go watch the Princess Bride!

    ReplyDelete